Music and Lyrics by Tom Waits and Kathleen Brennan
April 16 to May 3, 2015
A rarely performed musical adaptation by Tom Waits of one of the most influential plays ever written, Georg Büchner’s classic Woyzeck. When a soldier returns home from the war, desperate poverty leads him to take odd jobs that gradually tear him apart. As he starts to lose his mind, his love for Marie becomes increasingly obsessive. With his poetic combination of blues, jazz, and vaudeville, Tom Waits, along with his wife and collaborator Kathleen Brennan, has created a musical both carnivalesque and tender. Directed by Jonathan Fox.
- Book Club: April 21, 2015. Scripts are now available for checkout at the Santa Barbara Public Library, 40 East Anapamu Street. Join other theatregoers for a lively discussion about the play from a literary and dramatic perspective. FREE!
- Pre-Show Talk: April 22, 2015 at 7:15 pm. Join us in the courtyard of the New Vic for an informative and insightful discussion about the play before you see it, sure to enhance your theatrical experience.
- Martini Night: April 24, 2015 at 7:00pm; performance at 8:00pm. Free to ticket holders. Come early to enjoy a complimentary martini and mingle before the show.
- Pre-Show Talk: April 29, 2015 at 7:15 pm. Join us in the courtyard of the New Vic for an informative and insightful discussion about the play before you see it, sure to enhance your theatrical experience.
- Talk Back: April 30, 2015. Meet the cast after the show and discuss the production.